Lead Homework Policy
- Primary goal is for students to spend time with their families every evening after school.
- Every student at Lead reads or is read to every night for at least 20 minutes.
- In addition, all Lead students should make progress on Footsteps2Brilliance (primarily K-3rd but all students can be given access) and ST Math every night.
- Teachers will share more with their students and families.
- Teachers may assign additional work.
Pre-K-3 - Footsteps2Brilliance (F2B) is an early childhood literacy app that is user-friendly in toggling from English to Spanish while reading. This app contains over 1,000 bi-lingual books and does not require the Internet when using the app. Students are encouraged to use the app at home for 15 mins per day. Teachers help introduce the app to students during class time and can also create assignments. Teachers may also use F2B during literacy centers.
Accessing the Program is done through a login through Classlink.
Student's K-8 will have access to this additional program via their student Chromebooks. Students are encouraged to use ST Math at home (30 mins/week for PreK/TK students, 60 mins/week for K-1st students, 90 mins/week for 2nd-5th students). Click on Jiji and have fun playing some math puzzles and activities.
As a district, having these additional resources to be interactive with parents or guardians is paramount to their academic success.