3rd Grade - Ms. Hawkins
My name is Lisa Hawkins and this is my fourth year teaching 3rd grade here at Lead Elementary. My favorite part about teaching at Lead is having the opportunity to be part of such a warm and welcoming community full of parents, students, and colleagues that inspire me daily. In my spare time I love traveling, going to Giants games, hiking, anything Disney, and spending time with my family and friends. My favorite children's books are The One and Only Ivan and Charlotte's Web, and my favorite subject to teach is Social Studies!
- Read at least 30 minutes each night
- Reading Log
- Math homework sheet (Reteaching side)
- Math fluency fact sheet (due Friday)
- Return Thursday folder/any signed documents
* Students are encouraged to access educational websites (RAZ Kids, Envision Math, Scholastic News, That's a Fact!) at home for extra practice. *Contact me if your student needs the class code or login/password.
Class code for Scholastic Book orders: P6QRB. Order online here: https://clubs.scholastic.com/
Class login code for Raz-Kids: lhawkins13
**Please contact me if you would like to be a helper during one of our Art in Action classes. Classes meet once per month on Fridays. Helpers can assist with passing out materials, encouraging students, and clean-up. ALL parents are welcome!
8:05: First Bell/School Begins
8:05 - 8:20: Morning Work/Morning Meeting
8:20 -10:05: Literacy Block
10:05 - 10:25: Recess and Snack
10:25- 12:00: Math
12:00 - 1:00: Lunch
1:00-1:15: Read Aloud
1:15 - 2:15: Science/Social Studies/ Art/ELD
*12:20 dismissal on Wednesdays
- P.E. - Monday, Tuesday, and Friday: 1:00-1:50; Wednesday: 9:15-10:05. Students are split into 2 P.E. groups and have P.E. 4x a week for 25 minutes each.
- Music - Thursdays, 10:55-11:25
- Library - Mondays, 11:30-12:00
- HEAL Farm, Half Moon Bay (October & April)
- Filoli (October)
- Hiller Aviation Museum (February)
- California Academy of Sciences (May)
(650) 312-7550 ext. 4460