Getting to and from Lead
We need your help to please follow the below directions for dropping off and and picking up your children at Lead.
Please DO NOT cause congestion and make U-Turns off Cottage Grove Ave. and Ocean View Ave. ALL cars should come up Ocean View Avenue from Dale Avenue.
DIRECTIONS TO AND FROM CAMPUS: Please visit Lead by coming from Dale Ave. and driving north on Ocean View Avenue and exiting past Cottage Grove Avenue. Please do not congest the intersection of Cottage Grove Avenue and Ocean View Avenue by making U-turns to drop off and pick up your children. Please ALWAYS pull all the way FORWARD along the white drop off zone in front of school to drop off and pick up students.
DO NOT enter from Cottage Grove when coming to Lead. Please keep our Lead Owls safe!
Dear Parents and Guardians:
We would like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to drive safely, follow all traffic rules and watch out for children and pedestrians. Safe driving around our schools improves safety for all children, including yours. Please follow the school's drop off and pick up procedures. In addition, please pay attention to your surroundings and watch for children while dropping off or picking up your child. The San Mateo Police Department and the San Mateo-Foster City School District urge you to support our priority of student and traffic safety around San Mateo-Foster City schools. The San Mateo Police Department will be focusing on traffic safety in and around our schools with both plain clothed and uniformed traffic enforcement.
Please consider the following tips:
- Please drive slowly around the school while children are present.
- Drivers MUST yield to pedestrians crossing in a crosswalk. The minimum fine for this type of violation is $200
- Pedestrians must use marked crosswalks to cross the street. Several crosswalks are located around the campus.
- Drop-off your child at a location where he/she does not have to cross the street.
- Have your child sit in the passenger side of the car so he/she can exit onto the sidewalk.
- When dropping off your child, pull to the curb safely, have your child exit carefully and depart immediately. This will allow others to safely bring their children to school. Do not leave your car unattended in white zones.
- Do not block crosswalks, driveways, red zones, or fire hydrants.
- Left turns in and out of the on-campus drop-off are discouraged.
- In some cases, it is illegal to make U-turns near the school. They should always be avoided when traffic is heavy.
- Be courteous to your fellow parents and residents.
- Remain alert and encourage others to follow these safe driving tips.
Thank you in advance for following these tips and improving the safety around San Mateo-Foster City Schools.
San Mateo Police Department and San Mateo-Foster City School District