We need your involvement!
by Chad Slife, Principal
Dear LEAD Families,
Can you believe we are already nearing the end of our second trimester? And just in time to gather together and plan a celebration for our families!
Please join us on March 11 at 6pm to help plan an International Cultural Event for our students and families, in partnership with our ELAC (English Language Advisory Committee). We need parents and guardians to make this event successful! We will also dive into school attendance.
In addition to planning a family event, please be aware that we are in the midst of ELPAC (English Language Proficiency Assessments for California) testing for our English Learners to show English proficiency as well as preparing for optional Parent-Teacher Conferences in March. Teachers will be reaching out to families directly for these conferences.
Very important beginning in March is the Census 2020 that is crucial to completing to fund public schools. Please see the enclosed flyer.
Lastly, AGAIN as a request, PLEASE do NOT park in the Employee-marked areas in our parking lot in front of school and ALWAYS enter our parking lot on Dale Ave. when driving. Please DO NOT block our morning and afternoon buses.
· School Site Council meeting on Mon 3/2 from 3-4pm
· Spirit Day (College and Career Day!) and Student Honor Assembly on Wed 3/4 – 11am for grades 2-5 and 11:30am for grades PreK-1 in LGI
· Parent-Teacher Conference Minimum Days (Early Dismissal) on Wed 3/11 and Thu 3/12
· Principal Chat and PTA General Membership Meeting on Wed 3/11 at 6pm in LGI
· Trimester 2 ends on 3/12
· No School for Teacher Professional Development on Fri 3/13
· Crazy Sock Day on Fri 3/20
· PTA Bingo Night on Fri 3/20 at 6pm in the LGI
· District-wide Emergency Drill on Tue 3/24
· Spring Pictures on Wed 3/25
What do LEAD Owls do? HOOT with excellence!
Thank you to our Lead parents and teachers who attended the LCAP Meeting this month!