Welcome to the new school year!
by Chad Slife, LEAD Principal
Dear LEAD Families,
Our first three weeks of the new school year have been fantastic, filled with lots of learning and lots of joy! Thank you for supporting our amazing students and filling our LEAD classrooms with a genuine love of learning. I have been thrilled to spend time in classrooms, join community circles, play at recess, share lunchtime, and get to know each and every student.
Hopefully you joined us at Back to School Night to meet teachers and see classrooms. Over the next month, we have several events to further build community here at LEAD, beginning with our first Student Honor Assembly and Spirit Day on Wednesday, September 4. At our monthly Student Honor Assemblies, up to four students from each classroom will be honored for exemplifying our Core 4 Values of being kind, safe, respectful and responsible. Student Honor Assemblies will occur the first Wednesday of each month.
The week of September 9, we begin our very important Parent-Teacher Conferences with minimum days from 9/10-9/19. Our first Principal Chat and PTA General Membership Meeting is on Wednesday, September 11 at 6pm. Lastly, our PTA is planning our fun Fall Festival for the late afternoon of Saturday, September 28 from 3-7pm.
I am extremely excited for these events and the testament to how strong and involved our loving community is here at LEAD. I look forward to seeing you participate and greatly appreciate your involvement in your child’s education!
Lastly, I want to make sure you have the following dates and times on your calendar:
· No School for Labor Day on Mon, Sept 2
· Spirit Day (wear Polka dots and patterns!) on Wed, Sept 4
· Student Honor Assembly on Wed, Sept 4 – 11:10am for grades 2-5 and 11:30-11:45am for grades PreK-1 in the LGI
· Parent-Teacher Conferences and Minimum Day Schedule, Sept 10-19
· Principal Coffee Chat at 6:00pm and PTA General Membership Meeting at 6:30pm on Wed, Sept 11
· No School for Teacher Professional Development on Fri, Sept 20
· LEAD Fall Festival on Sat, September 28 from 3:00-7:00pm on the yard
What do LEAD Owls do?
HOOT with excellence!