March 1, 2018
Dear LEAD Families,
As we all continue to be haunted by the senseless loss of life in Parkland Florida, we want you to know that safety on our campus is a #1 Priority for all of us. At LEAD, we practice monthly drills (based on “The County-Wide Big 5 Safety Protocols and Guidelines). Our children know that these are important routines with which to become familiar and have as second nature to us, should an emergency situation occur. “Family Resources” are listed on our website for your continued perusal. What else is in place at LEAD?
• School and classroom locks and keys that allow for quick locking in case of an emergency and during instructional times.
• Panic buttons on teacher phones.
• Infrastructure safety measures, including cameras, monitors and security fencing and alarms.
• Detailed and current safety plans following San Mateo County’s Big 5 Protocols. (on website)
• Envoy Visitor IPad Sign in that electronically tracks all visitors on campus during school hours. Visitors are provided with ID stickers that have the visitor’s photo, reason for being on campus, room of destination.
• Classroom Bathroom Sign in/out sheets; primary students travel to nearby restrooms in pairs.
• A community of learners who watch out for one another and know to recognize anyone on campus who is not wearing an Envoy Badge. Even SMFCSD employees all must use this system at our school.
• A full time School Counselor, part time school psychologist, PBIS, the O’wl Care Student Services Team who meets weekly to support the academic and social/emotional well-being of our students and the Children and Family Resource Center staffed with two social work counselors.
• Certificated/classified staff members who all work hard to build trusting relationships with students so they know the students and can also more easily identify when a student is experiencing trouble.
• Law Enforcement Partnerships with SMPD and SMFD.
As we continue to build community, communication and family engagement, please join us in March:
Friday, March 2: Read Across America Day/Read A Thon: Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss PJ Free Dress/Literacy Day
Friday, March 2: Principal PTA PIP Coffee Chat LGI: Important LCAP and School Input Surveys, Safety, Art Action
Monday, March 12: No School Teacher Professional Development Day at CuriOdyssey
Weds, Thursday, Friday March 14, 15, 16: Minimum Day Dismissals Appointment Parent/Teacher Conferences
Thursday, March 22-March 29: Book Fair
Weds, March 28: Principal, PTA, PIP Coffee Chat: Math at Home, Solving the Puzzle, Parent Engagement
Thursday, March 29: Reports Cards sent home
Thursday, March 29: Open House 5:00-7:00
Pattie Dullea, LEAD Principal