Dear LEAD Elementary School Parents, Guardians and Families,
Welcome to the 2017-2018 School Year at LEAD, A Magnet School of Literacy, Enrichment, Academics and Digital Arts/Technology. We continue our educational adventure with a new PTA Board, our long awaited Digital marquee, and welcoming both returning and new families. We plan to accomplish our good work through community building, high expectations for all and your continued support and presence.
OFFICE HOURS: Full days (8:00 -3:30) through August 11, 2017
• 7:40-3:30 Beginning Monday, August 14th. School Office Assistant, Erika Hoole, Administrative Assistant, Denora Smith and I are happily available to assist you.
• LEAD teachers return August 14th to prepare to welcome you all on the 15th!
MONDAY, AUGUST 14th:
• 2:15: T K/K Class Lists/room numbers posted on the front entry gates so you will know your child’s teacher/ room number.
• 2:15-3:00: “Meet and Greet the Teacher” for all TK/K parents and children in the TK/ K. Classroom numbers, 2,3,4,6 for K (first hallway) and 11 for TK (2nd hallway) followed by a PTA TK/K play date at Shoreview Park.
• 3:00: Grades 1-5 Class Lists posted on the windows to the right of the main office door .Please come by and see who your child’s teacher will be for the year as well as his/her room number so that on Tuesday morning, you will be “In the Know!”
• While we do our best as a school team of educators to balance classes, Class Lists are all tentative as balancing may need to occur during the first week of school.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 15th:
• First Day of School! We look forward to seeing you all on time with the first instructional bell ringing at 8:00;.plan on leaving home for school to allow yourselves enough time to arrive by 7:55 so all children begin each day successfully. Please enter on the DALE side only. The parking lot is one way! No U turns at Ocean View and Cottage Grove. There is no parking lot entrance from the Cottage Grove side of Ocean View. Help us keep our children and families safe!
• PTA: Come meet and greet our PTA Board in front of school!
• Regular Full Day: Grades 1-3 dismiss at 2:20 and Grades 4/5 at 2:40.
• Grade K dismissal at 12:10 with full day K beginning on 9/25.
• Grade TK dismissal at 12:20.
• FIRST DAY PACKETS: Sent home with students; contain important, timely information for families.
o Laminated envelopes with the LEAD School Year Calendar of events that include many important first day forms: Emergency card information, media release, SMFCSD forms, and LEAD PTA Information.
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 16th
• PTA/Principal/PIP Welcome Back Coffee Chat at 8:15 LGI: Join us all for an informative get together to kick off the 17-18 school year. Babysitting available. First Day Packet Assistance in English and Spanish will be available at the Coffee!
Lastly, please join me in welcoming new members of our staff community and seeing familiar faces in new places!
. NEW TO LEAD
• Elisa Darner: K in Rm 3; taught in SFUSD /NYC
• Katy Ouse: K in Rm 6: taught in SFUSD, Academy/ Sciences
• Lizzie Weidemann: Grade 1 in Rm 24: taught in Utah, an SMFC grad
• Hannah Hibbs: Grade 1 in Rm 26: taught East Bay SMFC grad
• Melissa Loeser: Grade 4 in Rm 15: taught in Japan, SMFC grad
• Cara Shpizner: Grade 5 in Rm 19: student taught Ms.Cheng's class
• Nia Reate-Galarza: Preschool SDC in Room 7
FAMILIAR FACES from 16-17 IN NEW PLACES for 17-18
• Grace Poon: 3/4 moving to K
• Nicole Habeeb: 2 moving to 1
• Andrea Quinn: K moving to 2
• Stella Kunz: TK moving to 2
• Eleni Maynard : 4 moving to 3
• Tori Correa: ELD moving to 4
• Lily Strasburg: 5 moving to 4
• Kathy Bjorkquist: 4/5 moving to 5
• Sara Clement Calonico: Credentialed full time LEAD counselor
Please refer to our LEAD web site, LEAD@smfcsd.net for all updated information and schedules. Please access the calendar there, the link to the PTA web site, and ALL you want to know. Google translate available on the web site! I look forward to seeing you all soon!
~ Pattie Dullea, LEAD Elementary School Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org