August 5, 2016
Dear LEAD Elementary School Parents, Guardians and Families,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 School Year at LEAD, A Magnet School of Literacy, Enrichment, Academics and Digital Arts/Technology. We look forward to a year rich with tradition, community, academics, and social/emotional responsibility learning. We continue our educational adventure with both returning and new families as our partners and believe we can only accomplish our good work with high expectations for all and your continued support and presence.
• Full days (8:00 -3:30) through August 12th: Beginning August 15th: 7:40-3:30. School Office Assistant, Erika Hoole, Administrative Assistant, Denora Smith and I are happily available to assist you.
• LEAD teachers return on August 15 and 16 for professional development/ room preparation and will welcome you and your children on the 17th!
• Supply lists enclosed; please refer to our website for all opening of school information.
TUESDAY, AUGUST 16th:
• 2:15:TK/K Class Lists/room numbers posted on the front entry gates so you will know your child’s teacher/ room number.
• 2:30-3:00: “Meet and Greet the Teacher” for all TK/K parents and children from 2:30-3:00 in the TK/ K classrooms.
• 3:00: Grades 1-5 Class Lists posted on the windows to the right of the main office door. Please come by and see who your child’s teacher will be for the year as well as his/her room number so that on Wednesday morning, you and your child/children will be “In the know!”
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 17th:
• First Day of School! We look forward to seeing you all on time with the first instructional bell ringing at 8:00; we use every instructional minute wisely. Please plan on leaving home for school to allow yourselves enough time to be here by 7:55 at the latest so your children, our children, can begin each day successfully.
• Minimum Day: Dismissal times: 12:10 TK/K; 12:20 1-3 and 12:26 Grades 4/5.
• PTA/Principal/PIP Welcome Back Coffee Chat at 8:15 LGI: Join us and several members of our school community who will be introduced. Volunteer opportunity sign-ups will help us plan for a year focused on community, learning and fun!
FIRST DAY ENVELOPE PACKETS:
• Wednesday, August 17th: FIRST DAY PACKETS: Sent home with students and contain important and timely information for families.
They are laminated white envelopes with the LEAD School Year Calendar of events. These also include many important first day forms: emergency card information, media release, SMFCSD forms, and the LEAD Elementary Handbook.
• August 18th: Parent Gathering, 5:30-6:30 LGI: For all families who wish to have assistance completing their 1st day Packet Forms. Spanish translators and volunteers will be available to help!
• LEAD HANDBOOK: Please read carefully with your child/children and sign the VIP (Very Important Paper) verifying that you as a family read it and understand the policies and content. Each grade level that brings in all handbook contracts completed by each family will earn 100 Spirit Points! No contracts can be signed without fully reading the entire handbook together as a family.
• First Day Packet/Envelope Calendar: Please keep it close at hand during the entire school year. Our office staff needs to attend to children, teachers and parents on site and many phone calls in the past have been asking questions that could have been answered by referring to the First Day Packet Calendar and/or the web site, LEAD@smfcsd.net. Please access the calendar and web site before calling the office about calendar dates, dismissal times, minimum days and school events.
~Pattie Dullea, LEAD Elementary School Principal, email@example.com